Inspirational Showcase of Amazing Typography Designs

I’ve seen some insane typography related designs and artwork pieces lately, which spurred me on to create some kind of roundup post to share this inspiration with others. This post pulls together an awesome collection of over 50 inspirational typography designs to help keep your creative fire burning. Follow each link through to the designer’s portfolio or showcase website, where in most cases you can find more inspirational design gems!

1. Loving this! All typography is amazing!!!!

2. Retro says:

If you’re designing a poster to promote something, or to pass some sort of message on, why would you make the text unreadable? That’s NOT good typographic design, in my book.

• Gab says:

Completely agree on this. I was thinking the same thing as I was scrolling down. While the letters may look interesting aesthetically, if it is illegible the message is lost. What is more important, making something look good or getting the message across? Good design shouldn’t sacrifice good content.

• Gareth says:

“About 50% of these are absolutely superb. The other 50% completely fail as typographic designs, because they’re utterly unreadable.”

These examples were described as ‘typography related designs and artwork pieces’. I suspect the 50% you dismissed as being poor design are the artwork pieces.

3. awesome post chris! oh and by the way your tut on how to code a psd design rocks! I’ve implemented some of it in my site design, well I am still new on html5 hehe, check it out ^^

4. Libby says:

This is a great collection Chris – thanks for putting it together. I’m going to file this one away for when I’m in need of inspiration.

5. Awesome Collection, great job, Chris – thank you very much for sharing!

6. Harold says:

Indeed a Inspirational Post though I kinda agree with Retro, But Good Stuff! Thanks!

7. Gudrun says:

Wow! Think I just had my first typegasm.

8. Slash’s one totally rocks – that’s just insane stuff! Thanks for the great post!

9. Tom Durkin says:

Amazing examples.

Love the fonts that look kind of like folded paper. E.g – http://www.behance.net/gallery/Type-One/212965

10. Sagi says:

Great one Chris! Thanks! :)

11. Inspirational indeed! Thank You.

12. Dusan says:

Very nice!

13. Mark James says:

Some of these are beautiful! Such great typography examples around at the mo

14. Will says:

Very nice, I particularly like typography Slash!

15. Thanks for the share. Type makes the world go round!

16. I have been really getting into illustration and typography work lately. Your posts are always perfect for inspiration! :)

17. Claudia says:

Chris, this is really an inspiration. I had to sit down & try a few designs myself, but I think I still have to practice when I compare it to the samples here… :-(

18. Beautiful typography, good find Chris. Really want to get into and learn this art.

19. They are just awesome

20. Amazing typography! Especially the Barcelona and Palermo stuff. Inspiring…

21. Sty*Lisch says:

Wow.. very nice collection.
    The typography of Andre Beato is the best.

THX Chris..

22. Dzinepress says:

excellent designs, i love to learn typographic techniques. thanks for sharing

23. Pablo Mendoza says:

Nice collection. Thanks!

24. Awesome Collection, great job, Thank you very much for sharing!

25. They are just awesome. i like more, thanks

26. Karol says:

Great set! Thanks!

27. Ricardo Mathias says:

Very, very, very nice!!!
    Congratulations!!

28. Thanks for taking so much time to deliver such a great post. It’s great to see that there are still people out there with the talent, care and passion to produce such outstanding work.

29. These designs are great and should be allso on business cards !

30. Lisa says:

OMG how do you do these!! What program did you use? I have just started doing my Advance Diploma in Commercial Arts, and would love to learn how to do things like this :-)

31. Erik-Jan says:

Great as artwork and inspiration, but a lot of them are unreadable and therefore not very useful.

32. Wabbaly says:

Amazing collection you got here Chris. Awesome job!

33. Steph says:

Nice choice of fonts to inspire the typographers soul. Thanx

34. excellent article, many thanks.

35. Roman says:

Nice 2D / 3D typography art

36. khalid.tasmim says:

very great collection masha ALLAH
    great work

37. Ajith says:

There is no words to say !
    Brilliant ! is what comes first

38. Autson is an outstanding name in the field of web design, web development, and experts in Internet marketing. We are providing innovative and creative web development and designing solutions which ensure your strong online business presence as well as gave you a way to expand your business.

39. Nora Reed says:

Auspicious typography collection. Good sort of work by designers.