Do You Need a Degree to be a Designer? (and more!)
In this week’s Question Time video post I give some rambling answers about taking on more than you can chew with client projects; things that help me find more freelance clients; whether a degree is important to be a designer; and I show off my fluent Spanish.
This week’s questions
- How do you deal with a client’s needs vs your technical skills – Do you charge less for a job where you have to learn new skills because it might take longer to complete?
- How did you create the outro at the end of your video clips?
- How much time do you spend each week divided between client work and blog stuff?
- Can we have Spanish subtitles please?
- How important is a degree in web design when compared to a well developed portfolio? Is it about showing your grades, or your skill?
- I want to go into freelancing but really don’t know how to start or how to get more clients, I have 4 clients now, do you have some magical recipes how to get more?
Links mentioned in this week’s news
Thanks to everyone who submitted their kind comments and questions on the last video. I only pick out a hand full to answer to keep the videos short, so if I didn’t pick yours this time, feel free to submit it again and I’ll hopefully provide a good answer in an upcoming episode.