The Best Free Script Fonts for Creating Vintage Logos

You have three options when it comes to creating a trendy vintage style logo or insignia: Buy a premium script font, draw your own or use a free font. The free option sounds great but it can be difficult picking out quality typefaces from the hoards of cheesy display fonts that litter free font libraries. In this post I’ve compiled the best script and cursive fonts that would suit a vintage style logo. All these fonts are tried and tested and available for commercial use, making them perfect for both fun and client project use.

Pacifico

Deftone Stylus

Marketing Script

Marketing Script

Engagement

Engagement

1. Keira Bui says:

Wisdom Script is one of my favorite script typefaces. Thanks for sharing!

2. Emily says:

These are all great. I have a million fonts on my computer, but no nice little list like this to help to know when to use what and when. Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Great looking list. I see a few new one’s I’ll have to pick up.

I would, however, have to disagree with Brush Script. But only on the grounds that I already see it everywhere.

4. This post is really very interesting. I like this type of post. I will share this type of information with my friends. They will also like it very much.

5. David says:

A think cooltext is good resource – here’s the retro section.

6. Nice one! I feel a surge of v similar artwork from your followers will now ensue, myself included!

7. Steve L says:

Just be sure to never use Lobster, Brush Script, or Wisdom Script in any actual work! They’re all horribly overused and stick out as free fonts.

8. I will agree with Steve L, I am not using Lobster too.

9. Particulas says:

Great collection! Many thanks!

10. itsna says:

great as always, chris :)
    you’re the best

11. A very cool collection. Well picked !

12. These are great scripts! Thanks for sharing!

13. I really like Grand Hotel font. I wonder if that is free or not. Hopefully I can use it as my font style on the website that I am doing right now.

14. Grand hotly seems to be the most popular in our office, thanks for sharing these

15. Dawn says:

The problem with free fonts is that they’re so overused and if you use them in a logo (or any other graphic containing a font) they lack individuality and uniqueness.

16. Thanks for the great set of fonts, Chris!

17. Theo says:

Great collection! Are these fonts free for commercial use?

18. Leanda says:

james t edmondson rocks with his fonts. Great list!

19. Matt H says:

I am currently redesigning a website at the moment with a vintage feel and was after the perfect script font. I had most of them already but Lavanderia was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Spooner!

20. R Sail says:

I am looking to redesign my logo for my wedding business.This is just the inspiration I was looking for.

21. Anne says:

Thanks for sharing these! But … I downloaded Freehand and it had an error message when I tried to install on my mac –

1 serious message was found
    corrupt font name
    font basic parsability

Do you know what this means as I really wanted to use it!! :)

22. Anand RK says:

Great Collection!!!

Thanks For sharing……….

23. Rolando says:

Brilliant compilation!
    Deftone Stylus is one of the most wanted for me.
    Cheers,

24. matrus says:

Nice pack of fonts. Thx

25. Great fonts collection, thank you.

26. Ryan says:

UJsually people think only about themselves but this could really change because we have such people who partake their knowledge and information.

27. Vitaly says:

Hi! Just wanted to request you about some tutorial. Could you create an element that looks as if it is pressed into leather, cardboard or some other appropriate material?

28. Thanks for sharing! Grand Hotel is my favourite on that list! I also love what you’ve done with the backgrounds. Would be cool to know how those were created :). Good job Chris

29. You found some very cool vintage backgrounds for these already excellent fonts!

30. Darren Smale says:

Thank you for putting together an awesome collection of vintage script fonts! The Vintage Script that is my favourite is the LA Dodgers Team Script, however, search as I may, I can find some similar fonts but not the actual font. I understand it is a logo, but has anyone actually created the a font so that they could spell “Dodgers” in the same script font? I really like the way the “r” is in the script.

31. Darren Smale says:

I have also tried to find a Script font the same as the St. Louis Cardinals Script. I have many baseball teams that don’t want to infringe on the copyright name and use “Cardinals” but would rather have their own team name like “Sluggers” in the same font as the Cardinals.
    I am thinking there must be a MLB Script font Pack out there somewhere that someone has created.

32. Your style is so unique compared to other folks
    I have read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you
    have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.

33. atiklogo says:

This site is very good. I like it
    Thanks
    Logo Design

34. But, to a trained cost accountant, it is a quick road map
    to help management analyze the business and
    zero in on areas for improvement. He or she should be a person who would be in a position to utilize resources for
    the benefit of the organization. The online offering will cost
    you $99 to setup up with monthly fees.

35. Social media traffic is becoming a bigger piece of the pie and may soon rival search engine traffic.
    You will be the one managing all of these so that they
    can focus on running their business. You can manage multiple social media accounts as well as schedule tweets for the future, view tweets, direct messages
    and more from the people you follow. The internet is now the most powerful
    business medium ever created and is essential in building any network marketing business.
    A common scam floating about out there is to ‘befriend’ someone in a foreign country,
    claim to be sending them a package that requires a
    hefty ‘postage fee’ that you must send via wire transfer,
    and after doing so you find your generous overseas ‘boyfriend’ has deleted his account and run off
    with your cash. I can never forget the story about that teenage girl who decided
    to meet up with a new friend from Facebook only to turn up a few days later
    on a creek naked, ravished and left for dead. Social media can have a great impact on the future of a product, provided the right social media strategies are
    used. On other occasions, Geo Listening has tipped off
    school mental health providers to students repeatedly speaking of sadness and a desire to end it all.
    And most importantly, treat your customers how you would want to be treated.
    There are many tools for posting photos of your artwork and writing out
    your thoughts on each piece.

36. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This article posted at this site is genuinely
    pleasant.

37. Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but, I’d like to send you
    an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.

Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

38. Gerardo says:

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
    group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy
    your content. Please let me know. Cheers

39. “Competition was fierce, and the judging was difficult for the panel of local business leaders who selected the seven winners,” Pigott revealed.
    These investigations into the body and mind will
    deepen as our meditation becomes an ongoing,
    continuous process all day long. From Ft Meyers to Naples,
    restaurants have been eager for business.

Leave a response