Getting The Message Across – Environmental Ads

After the popularity of the 1940s War Poster Inspiration post I thought I’d go right ahead and continue posting my interesting findings from the web. The latest of which is a collection of advertisements on the subject of Climate Change and Environmental Awareness discovered on Ads of The World.
These serve as great inspiration on how this all important message is put across in many different ways between the advertising campaigns. Often using shock tactics and metaphors which allow for some really creative posters.

brazil2preview.jpg

wwftigerpreview.jpg

wwftree1preview.jpg

wwftree2preview.jpg

wwf-world-at-seapreview.jpg

See More at Ads of The World

1. Guido says:

Great collection of ads! Really working well for me :)

2. rob says:

nice collection

3. Daniel H. says:

Great stuff here, I help do the website/promotions for my colleges local Sustainability Council, these serve as some pretty good inspiration.

Nice work :)

4. Ad of the World is a great site for inspiration. What an awesome collection of design and creativity.

By the way, one ad I saw caught me off guard. I have heard of beefed-up muscle cars, but none like this one.

5. Jason says:

I also like the Eskom ad from South Africa – an energy company.

Great post!

-Jason

6. 1memar says:

very nice, thanx …

7. Excellent stuff – really inspiring for those of us writing and designing around environmental issues. – Green Wheels Blog .com

8. Jason says:

Great work and very thought provoking design. Thanks for sharing.

9. Kevin says:

wow… amazing collection of ads…

10. Karen says:

We recently conducted an audit around companies going green. Most of their designs were websites or tv ads, and the messaging felt insincere in a few cases. They could’ve learned a lot from these ads. I’m surprised that these are so simple and succinct but are still incredibly powerful.

11. Lol, the one with the floated car cracks me up.